QUALITY ASSURANCE MGR
Work with Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing, Purchasing and Customer Service to facilitate a continuous improvement process. Provide technical and quality support for all site QMS Documents and ISO 9001 Directive. Ensure that products are built in compliance with required codes, engineering drawings and specifications and most importantly, customer expectations
Job Responsibilities for the Quality Assurance Manager include:
- Develop, formulate and direct quality control programs involving advanced inspection methods, devices and control techniques.
- Through delegation of authority and responsibility to qualified inspectors, maintain satisfaction as to quality through internal and external inspection services relative to raw materials, finished items purchased, production operations and processes.
- Personally conduct and/or supervise studies to determine cause, effect and the corrective measures required to remedy deviations impairing desirable standards of quality.
- Confer with and in conjunction with Engineering and Manufacturing personnel to resolve problems relative to product designs, specifications, materials, tooling and productions operations affecting quality.
- Personally conduct and/or supervise investigative procedures having to do with customer’s complaints; advise the Sales Department on technical matters relative to such complaints.
- Maintain constant surveillance, either directly or through inspectors, over the inspection services and ISO certification.
- Conduct training sessions to keep department personnel informed on procedures, methods, use of equipment and other quality control techniques.
- Ensure satisfaction of the department’s requirements in the areas of staffing, orientation, communications and compliance with company policies.
- Oversee, coordinates and supports the Continuous Improvement, Control Plans, Quality Plans and Validation using statistical methods relevant to manufacturing processes.
- Manage and administer calibration standards of equipment and tools.
- Schedule, conduct and oversee internal and external audits of the quality (ISO 9001) in the facility including all local, state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Act as Management Representative for ISO9001 standards and total quality function.
- Facilitate and conduct Management Review & required renewal on surveillance audits.
- Ensure alignment with Corporate systems, procedures and processes
- Ensure processes are in place to identify quality related, assembly issues and drive corrective actions.
- Identify opportunities to proactively assure compliance to all applicable internal, domestic and international quality regulations (ISO 9001, REACH, ROHS).
- Preparing reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing monthly data.
- Ensure satisfaction of the quality department’s requirement in the areas of corrective and preventative action.
- Appraise employee performance and recommend change of status and work adjustments.
- Maintain a safe and hazard-free workplace and follow all Company safety policies.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
Education, Experience and Key Attributes for the Quality Assurance Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Quality/Engineering and/or minimum of 5 years experience in manufacturing quality environment.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 certification process and audit compliance, Six Sigma.
- Manage complaint evaluations, investigations and corrective actions.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Should have a working knowledge of personal computers including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com