Mechanical Engineering Technician
- Saint Paul, MN 55120
Position purpose: To provide technical support to the development of profitable new products and improvement of existing products.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Proficient at creating models and detailed layouts of complex parts and assemblies in preparation for manufacturing.
- Participates in the research, evaluation, design, development, promotion, and testing of new and existing products.
- Process engineering change orders, from research to completion.
- Manage CAD files, drawings and other related design information.
- Write test requests, assist in testing, evaluate results, and write formal test reports.
- Work closely with manufacturing, vendors, and customers to solve design issues.
- Manage multiple design projects concurrently.
- Help analyze and evaluate competitor’s products.
- Assist in other design related projects as needed.
- Supports Marketing and Sales team by meeting agreed upon performance, cost and schedule goals.
- Provides customer support as requested.
- Ensures technical accuracy of product literature.
- Performs evaluation and analysis of competitor’s products.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in mechanical engineering technology, or closely related degree, from an ABET accredited school.
- 2 – 5 years minimum experience in the engineering technology field with a focus on product design and development.
- Extensive CAD design knowledge and skills, utilizing Solidworks design software.
- Excellent math, algebra, geometry skills/experience.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Self directed with ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously with a proven record of taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- Working knowledge of fluid mechanics, stress analysis, power transmissions, and geometric tolerancing.
Position desired qualifications:
- 2 – 5 years minimum experience with pumps and valves or related fluid power product development.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Registered certified Solidworks Associate and/or Professional.
- 2000+ hours minimum design time with Solidworks
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.