Job Title: Import Buyer/Planner
Reports to: Supply Chain Manager
Position purpose: To purchase merchandise from domestic and foreign vendors for the best possible combination of price, quality and delivery.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
1) Analyzes product needs based on on-hand inventory levels, allocations, lead times and customer demands.
2) Maintains a level of on-hand inventory that represents an acceptable company standard.
3) Assures timely order fulfillment achieving company standards.
4) Maintains productive business relationships with foreign and domestic vendors.
5) Negotiates with freight forwarders for best price and service.
6) Researches and resolves problem orders bringing unusual matters to the attention of the Manager.
7) Tracks inbound shipments from suppliers to destination.
8) Support Sales department with information related to Inventory and direct shipment status to customers.
9) Resolves issues related to incoming freight, including customs clearance, and paperwork.
10) Involvement with keeping our status as a C-TPAT compliant vendor.
11) Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED with good math skills required, related college degree preferred
- Preferred overseas purchasing experience.
- Familiarity with JIT and MRP.
- Good understanding of supply chain intricacies.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiating skills